Monday, December 5, 2011

Week 35

I've missed this blog and I've missed cooking! So sorry to stay away, but with traveling and personal illness, I've been unable to get to my blogging!  I am feeling better now and here to stay for a few weeks!  I hope that all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with your families!  We had a great time in Knoxville, TN with family and friends!

We celebrated this year with a bunch of neighbors, so I only had to make a chocolate trifle!  It's a favorite at our house and here's the picture!



I know that December is going to fly right by for most of us, but let's do our best to get our weekly menu plans full of healthy meals so that we can splurge a little on all of the goodies we'll be surrounded by this month! 

Here's the menu for this week:

Sunday - Thai Chicken Soup, tacos for kids (with leftover chicken that I boiled), white rice, black beans
Monday - Seared salmon, roasted asparagus and carrots, white rice
Tuesday - Spaghetti with meat sauce, pasta (or zucchini noodles), steamed broccoli
Wednesday - Leftovers
Thursday - Chicken thighs & legs in Bride's Mole*, roasted potatoes & sweet potatoes, roasted cauliflower
Friday - Thai basil shrimp, white rice, seared cabbage
Saturday - Out to dinner?


*Bride's Mole is not on that website, but that was the closest recipe I found online.  I'll try to put in on this blog since I think I'm making it for Christmas this year. 

Happy cooking this week to everyone!  I'd love to see some of those menus (even if it's mac-n-cheese and pizza)!  Bring it on!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment