Sunday, December 18, 2011

Week 37

Tonight was a big meal with family and friends to greet Josh and Mary (my BIL & SIL) visiting from Oregon!  We had a ham with a few fixings and a mocha chocolate cake for dessert.  This ham is amazing!  I use Alton Brown's recipe for City Ham and it turns out so tender and sweet!  It has mustard, dark brown sugar, bourbon and gingersnaps!  It's strange because the recipe calls for an 'uncooked' ham and it's incredibly difficult to find a ham that isn't smoked or precooked in some way!  At the third grocery store, we finally got lucky! 


I thought it would be great to make a ham since we have so many house guests because I assumed we'd have leftovers to eat throughout the week.  However, we invited 16 people over for dinner and barely have enough left for one meal tomorrow.  I wouldn't have it any other way since we had a blast tonight, but it is ironic.  


Here's the menu for the week:

Sunday - City ham, roasted sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, steamed green beans, corn casserole
Monday - Seared salmon, roasted cauliflower and carrots, yellow rice
Tuesday -Chicken alla Padulese, pasta, seared asparagus, mixed greens salad
Wednesday - Shrimp scampi, roasted potatoes, broccoli
Thursday - Beef with soy sauce & ginger, blanched spinach, mixed roasted veggies
Friday - My birthday!  I'm not cooking. . .   ;)
Saturday - Assorted appetizers TBD

Happy Cooking!  I'd love to hear what you're cooking for the holiday!  Post your menu and tell us about it!

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Still trying to figure out the Christmas menus, kinda stumped for Christmas dinner as I want something foolproof that won't keep me stuck in the kitchen.
    Sunday: party at the house, various appetizers/snacks
    Monday: party with community group, Blue Moon pizza
    Tuesday: salmon, Parmesan risotto, broccoli
    Wednesday: chili, salad
    Thursday: party for Echo Effect, leftovers when we get home
    Friday: turkey vegetable soup from freezer (while doing last-minute prep)
    Saturday: ham, macaroni and cheese, salad (as everyone is arriving at different times)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized that I didn't post my Christmas menu! Thanks for posting, Becky! I'm making Chicken Mole, Chili Verde, yellow rice, Roasted mixed veggies. We're having a Mexican Christmas!

    ReplyDelete