Friday, December 9, 2011

Week 36: 12 Days of Baking. . .

Well, I've seen a few blogs take on 12 days of eating, baking, cookies and any other thing, and it sounds like fun to me!  So, I'm going to be very general and call it '12 Days of Baking' so that I can be creatively free to try all sorts of goodies to share.  It's a busy time of year, but I love to bake and I'm always overwhelmed with the need to keep my special snowman cookie jar full during the month of December!

I'll have to warn you that there are a few ingredients that won't be included in this 'bake-a-thon.'  I don't cook anything with peanut butter (just a personal preference) and I'm trying to avoid dairy so that my hubby can eat the goodies.  It's very likely that I will make a few things with milk or butter, but I'll do my best because he has a newly discovered milk allergy.


So, we have a lot of family coming into town and upcoming traveling.  I anticipate that I will not post a menu on Christmas day, but I'm betting none of you will either.  ;)

Here's the menu for this coming week:

Sunday - Costco rotisserie chicken, green beans, white rice
Monday - Beef w/soy sauce and ginger, blanched spinach, roasted potatoes & sweet potatoes
Tuesday - Chicken tacos, yellow rice, black beans
Wednesday - Chicken & broccoli stir fry, white rice
Thursday - Shrimp fra diavolo, angel hair pasta, roasted cauliflower (can't live without it for one week)
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday - Out to eat

Not sure if I've mentioned it before, but my kids devour the beef with soy sauce and ginger with blanched spinach.  We've tried it with kale and they love it just as much!  My oldest will only eat steak this way since she's recently discovered that the red stuff that comes out of meat is actually blood.  ;)

Happy cooking everyone!  Can't wait to see your menus!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment