Sunday, December 18, 2011

Day 8 - Beatty's Chocolate Cake Revisited

I know that I just posted about this cake a few weeks ago, but I couldn't help making it again when my pregnant SIL claimed she was hungry for cake yesterday.  I asked her how she felt about mocha chocolate cake and she was thrilled with the prospect of meeting her cake and coffee craving at one time! 


Just as with the baked oatmeal this morning, I replaced milk with coconut milk so that Alain could enjoy the cake.  I was surprised that I barely noticed a difference in the taste of the cake.  It's supposed to be buttermilk, so I added a bit of lemon juice to the coconut milk and it caused it to thicken just as regular milk does when I add lemon juice to replace buttermilk.  

Here's the recipe from my blog: Beatty's Chocolate Cake


No comments:

Post a Comment