Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Day 9: Cracked Sugar Cookies

I'm surprised that I have been running out of things to put on this blog, but I found this recipe from an old cookbook that I got in high school as a gift from my Mom.  I've been baking from it for many years.  I used to make these cookies in high school and they are yummy and super-easy to make!  I'm baking for holiday parties for both Annabelle and Emilie tomorrow.  Of course, there's also teacher gifts, so I have plenty to fill up the few days that I've missed posting on this blog!  ;)


I like making these cookies because it's a sugar cookie, but it's a lot easier than making the rolled out cookies.  It's fun for the kids to watch these crack while they are cooking in the oven and they taste heavenly when they are warm!  The cookies are buttery and delicious!


Cracked Sugar Cookies
(Adapted from allrecipes.com)

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups white sugar
1 cup butter
3 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.

Cream together sugar and butter. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla.  Add flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Stir.  Form dough into walnut size balls and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Don't flatten. 

Bake 10 to 11 minutes, until tops are cracked and just turning color.


No comments:

Post a Comment