Thursday, June 2, 2011

Week 18 - Hotlanta

Well, I'm very late this week posting, but I'm sure we're all a little off this week with the holiday!  So, I'll do my best to post the menu for this week from Tuesday through Saturday. 


School is officially out for the summer!  It's been wonderful to sleep in, play with kids and not worry about any schedules.  Alain decided to celebrate the end of school with a large watermelon!  The kids loved it.  I'm always amazed how quickly a watermelon disappears at our house. 

I hope that all of you were able to enjoy the Memorial Day holiday!  The kids and I went up to Tennessee to see my Mom & Step-Dad while the hubby traveled to Florida to spend some time with his family doing some manual labor.  It was a great weekend!  We went hiking with my mom and I had my first tick.  Turns out the stupid tick was attached to the back of my knee for 4 days before I found it all swollen and full of my blood!  YIKES!

Here's the menu:
Tuesday - Hamburgers and hot dogs (leftover from my mom's barbecue)
Wednesday - Breakfast for dinner (Eggs, pancakes and hash browns)
Thursday - Mexican beef tacos, black beans, asparagus, pico de gallo
Friday - Shrimp pesto, roasted cauliflower
Saturday - Seared Mahi-Mahi, roasted zucchini and carrots

Happy Cooking to Everyone!  Let's see your menus!  Don't be bashful!

2 comments:

  1. OK - since I actually tried some new things this week, thought I'd post:
    Tues - Minute steaks (these were not good, John called them Crossfit for his mouth....)
    Wed - Picadillo (look this one up on all recipes - very tasty!)
    Thurs - Fajita Chicken
    Fri - fried eggs and hamburgers
    Sat - BBQ chicken pieces with homemade BBQ sauce
    Sun - who knows?

    Grins, Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome, menu, Ms. Jeannie! I'll definitely be trying a few of those items!

    ReplyDelete