Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mango Salsa

Lately, I make this salsa and sit down to eat half of the bowl.  Seriously. . . this stuff amazes me!  How it is that I've gone so long without mango salsa in my life?


If you haven't yet attempted using mango in your kitchen, I have a few links for you to check out.  I used to be intimidated by the idea of cutting a mango, but it's really pretty easy.  I had to watch a youtube video many times while I attempted the procedure, but I now feel like I actually know what I'm doing.  ;)

Here's a few links to help you if you are in need of a mango choosing and cutting tutorial in your life:

Youtube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvLdPjpELyU
Blog:  http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/how_to_cut_a_mango/

I basically model this salsa after a tropical salsa recipe that I make from Emeril Lagassee.  I post it on this site at least once a month because the fish marinade in the recipe is so delicious on grilled Mahi-Mahi!

Mango Salsa

Ingredients:
2 ripe mangoes, seeded, peeled and chopped (as described in tutorials above)
1/4 cup minced onion (recipe calls for red, but white/yellow are fine too)
1/4 cup minced red pepper
1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
3 tbls. chopped cilantro
1 lime, juiced
dash of salt

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and gently mix together.  The mango can be delicate, so that's why you need to be careful when mixing.  Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.

Enjoy!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment