Saturday, August 11, 2012

Almond Butter Bites

I hope I don't make any enemies, but I have to admit that I really can't stand peanut butter.  So, these almond butter bites made me so happy.  My neighbor has made this recipe with peanut butter multiple times and they have looked so delicious, so I had to give it a try my way!



It blew me away how easy these little bites were to make.  Literally, it took me 5 minutes to put them together and throw the batter in the fridge to cool for a few hours.  I LOVED them!  Of course, I couldn't resist rolling them in a little bit of cinnamon sugar to give them a finished look and taste!  ;)

The original recipe I found was on a great blog titled, Smashed Peas and Carrots.  These are just the right snack size, but it's hard to just eat one.  Give them a try and see. . .

No-Bake Almond Butter Bites

Ingredients:
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup almond butter (or any nut butter)
1/3 cup honey
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla
Cinnamon-Sugar for the coating

Directions:
In a medium mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix until completely incorporated.  I actually threw this batter in my kitchenaid mixer because it's really thick and I was having trouble getting it to come together.  Allow mixture to chill in the fridge for at least an hour, but more time is fine.  Prepare cinnamon-sugar in a small bowl.  Use a rounded tablespoon full of the mixture and roll into balls.  After rolling into balls, drop the balls into the cinnamon-sugar mix and roll around until completely covered.

Store almond butter bites in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week!

Yield: 18-20 bites

No comments:

Post a Comment