Monday, January 2, 2012

Week 38: Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to everyone!

Welcome to 2012!  I can imagine that it's been a busy holiday season for all of you!  I hope that you were able to relax a bit and enjoy this special time with friends and family.  We had a wonderful Christmas!  We had my BIL, SIL and FIL in town the week before Christmas and then we took off to Orlando with my oldest BIL for the week after Christmas!  I turned 35 just 2 days before Christmas as well!  It was non-stop around here, but I loved every minute of it!

However much I love my house full of people, non-stop action and tons of love, I also cherish the quiet days after the guests have left.  The kids are playing quietly in their playroom while I catch up on the computer today and it's a blissfully sweet sound.

As you can see, Zach is just as excited as I am to use our new mixer!

I received a wonderful gift from my hubby this year, so I can't wait to start using it!  He got me my Kitchen Aid mixer that I've been eying for quite a few years!  I kept using excuses about why I didn't need one, but he fortunately saw through all of that this year and bought me a beautiful shiny red toy! 

I'm not much for New Year's resolutions, but Alain is doing a 5-week challenge at his Cross-Fit gym that measures body fat loss and muscle gain (I think).  So, he is very committed to eating healthy (that means a totally Paleo diet from here on out) for the next 5 weeks and I'm going to keep dinner no-carb, no legumes, no milk for him.  You'll still see black beans on my menu and you'll see rice a few times a week because the kids will continue to eat their carbs and beans.  But I'll be leaving milk off all of my menu items for dinner due to Alain's milk allergy.

Menu Week 38:

Sunday - Angel hair pasta with meat sauce, zucchini noodles, steamed broccoli
Monday - Mexican beef in the crock pot, yellow rice, black beans, seared zucchini
Tuesday - Baked chicken, roasted asparagus
Wednesday - Seared salmon fillets, roasted cauliflower and carrots
Thursday - Chicken with balsamic reduction, roasted white & sweet potatoes, steamed green beans
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday -  Out to eat

Happy cooking to all of you!  Now, I can't wait to see your menus! 

3 comments:

  1. Back to the routine! I have to refill my freezer with meals, we ate it down to make room for holiday stuff.
    Sunday: ham, collards, black eyed peas, cornbread (southern New Year's food)
    Monday: ham bone and navy beans in crock pot, greens
    Tuesday: leftovers
    Wednesday: chicken enchiladas, roasted zucchini
    Thursday: baked salmon, risotto, roasted Brussels sprouts
    Friday: eating out
    Saturday: shrimp pasta, salad

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so well organized.I am new to your blog, so I spent some time browsing through your earlier posts.I'm so glad I did that. You've created a great spot for your readers to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your sweet comment, Mary! Glad you found the blog!

    ReplyDelete