Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Week 16: Freezing in May!

So, those of you who do not live in the Atlanta area might not know that it's absolutely freezing this week!  I feel like such a baby saying this (as I know my BIL and SIL are dealing with highs in the 40's in Oregon), but very windy highs in the 60's in May = Not Cool! 

Nevertheless, I must confess that I'm enjoying some inside playtime with my kids.  The nice weather puts us outside everyday which leaves very little time for blogging, cooking and cleaning.  ;)

So, this Paleo diet is getting better in our house and I am adjusting.  Alain is fully committed, but I am only about 75% committed.  I still eat bread.  This diet encourages no bread (wheat or grain of any kind), no dairy, no legumes and as little processed food as possible.  Low processed food is something we've been working towards in our house for over a year, so I'm very on-board with this idea.  I cherish knowing what goes into my children's bodies. 

So, here's my menu for this week.  I may or may not include sides from here on out just so I can get this out more quickly.  ;)

Sunday - Whole baked chicken with Mole Sauce
Monday - Thai basil shrimp with cabbage
Tuesday - Chicken tacos, black beans, cabbage slaw, fresh mexican salsa
Wednesday - Leftovers
Thursday - Mahi-Mahi, steamed artichokes with vinagrette, broccoli
Friday - Burgers, roasted sweet potatoes, asparagus (big hit with the kiddos now)
Saturday - Out for dinner

Well, I hope that all of you are well on your way with your weekly menus!  Please post your menu in the response so we can all be encouraged to stay on top of meal planning! 

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment