Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Week 15 - I'm Back!

Wierd, but Blogger tells me I didn't publish this last week.  I thought Nikki said she saw it, but I'm going to publish it again.  Sorry if you all are getting this twice!

Just finished organizing a children's consignment sale with some of my friends, so that is why I've been absent with menus over the last few weeks.  It's been a roller coaster start to Spring!  I'm very excited to be cooking again this week!

My hubby is starting a new diet called "Paleo," so I am working around the beginnings of this diet in our menu planning.  It looks like I'm cooking a lot, but I'm trying to stretch carb leftovers for the kids.  The basis is not too far off from his normal requirements (lean meat, lots of veggies and fruits, no carbs, etc.).   The kids still eat rice and pasta and I'm going to do as much as I can from my amazing Mexican cook book.  ;)

Here's the menu so far:
Sunday - Shrimp stir fry with mixed veggies
Monday - Seared sirloin steak, caramelized onions, black beans, roasted mixed veggies and yellow rice
Tuesday - Turkey burgers, tomatillo-chiplotle salsa, steamed broccoli, yellow rice (kids), salad with cilantro vinagrette
Wednesday - Chicken with almond sauce (been trying to make this for weeks), green beans, salad, rice
Thursday - Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, baked sweet potato, broccoli
Friday - Marinated mahi-mahi, black beans, white rice, grilled zucchini, lime-honey coleslaw
Saturday - Out for dinner at Birthday party

Let me hear what you all are eating this week!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment