Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Week 4 - A Late Start. . .

Ok, so we're just getting back from Orlando and our amazing Thanksgiving week-long holiday, so I'm totally slacking on writing the weekly menu.  I'm quite proud that I've actually planned healthy meals despite my lack of preparation.  ;)

Just so you know, this photo has nothing to do with this week's menu, but I just wanted to have a food photo in this post.  It's a pork chop with a balsamic reduction.  I can't wait to make it again. 

I think I'm actually going to send this out to a few friends this week.  Remember - the idea of this blog is that I post my weekly menu on Sunday night (or latest Monday morning) and you all post your weekly menus in response.  This gives us a way to share recipes and hold each other accountable for making our own weekly menus and sticking to them.

Here it is:
Monday - Mahi-Mahi fish tacos, pico, honey-lime slaw, green beans and yellow rice
Tuesday - Shrimp stir-fry, broccoli and white rice
Wednesday -Rustic Chili, salad, Mexican corn bread
Thursday - Chicken Cacciatore, pasta, asparagus
Friday - Lentil Soup, salad, french bread
Saturday - Christmas Party (out for dinner)
Sunday - Christmas Dinner at church

For the Lentil Soup, I changed a few things.  The first thing is that I add 1-2 tsp. cumin in with the salt and pepper while the veggies are sweating.  The second thing I do differently is add about 1 lb. of turkey kielbasa (sliced) in with the pasta at the end.  

For the Honey-Lime Slaw, I just slice up half a head of cabbage, one whole onion (thin sliced), a red pepper (if I have one) and then I mix juice of 2 limes with about 1/4 cup honey.  I add a little salt at the end and let it rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.  I don't ever use lettuce on my tacos because this stuff tastes so good.  

I can't wait to see what all of you are planning to cook this week!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment