Monday, June 4, 2012

Week 54: Pesto is SO yummy!

We always plant lots of basil in our cul-de-sac garden, so it's finally big enough for us to begin really enjoying it.  I crave this time of year because I'm totally and completely addicted to basil-walnut pesto.  I eat it on everything: eggs, potatoes, shrimp, chicken, fish, asparagus. . . the list could go on and on!  So, I made our first batch this weekend and we ate dinner with one of our neighbors to enjoy one of the first feasts from our community garden!

My hubby got me started on pesto with scrambled eggs and it's really amazing!  All we do is lightly scramble a few eggs with salt and pepper, then add the pesto once the eggs are on the plate.  Mix the eggs up in the pesto and you have a wonderful new zip for your scrambled eggs!  Pesto is SO easy to make!  You just have to try it!

This is our awesome basil!  It really does make me smile!

Weekly Menu:

Sunday - Rotisserie chicken, steamed green beans, corn on the cob
Monday - Sirloin pork roast (one of my favorites), roasted cauliflower & asparagus, couscous
Tuesday - (Annabelle's 9th birthday, so she chose the menu) Beef stroganoff, egg noodles, broccoli
Wednesday - Leftovers
Thursday - Salmon with sautéed mango-pineapple chutney (from Rachael Ray's 365: No Repeats), yellow rice, roasted carrots & cauliflower
Friday - Out to dinner?
Saturday - Burgers, baked potatoes/sweet potatoes, grilled zucchini, salad


Happy cooking this week to everyone!  Remember that I'm not picky about what you list on your menus, but just excited to see what you all cook in your homes too!

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, it has been a while! My basil is growing, should make some pesto, too. Veggies this week are based on my CSA box, got cabbage, kale, beets, lettuce, onions.
    Sunday: grouper with mango salsa, jalapeño cole slaw, black beans and rice
    Monday: grilled flank steak, sautéed kale and portobello mushrooms
    Tuesday: frittata with kale and Parmesan, roasted beet salad with goat cheese and pecans
    Wednesday: leftovers
    Thursday: quinoa pasta with roasted eggplant, zucchini, and ricotta in tomato sauce
    Friday: eating out?
    Saturday: cookout with friends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for posting, Becky! I've missed your menus! Jalapeño cole slaw sounds awesome. Can you send me that recipe?

      Delete