Sunday, May 20, 2012

Almond Tarragon Chicken Salad

It seems like a long name to describe chicken salad that only has 4 ingredients, but this chicken salad packs a powerful punch!  I started buying this chicken salad (of the same name) from Publix in their deli section a few weeks ago and I got hooked on it.  It's super simple, but really delicious!  After my fourth container of chicken salad in 2 weeks, I decided that I am paying too much for this stuff.  We buy rotisserie chicken at least once a week in my house, so I should be able to make this wonderful concoction myself!


After a detailed recipe search that listed the three most important ingredients, I find this wonderful recipe on www.food.com!  This woman was in the same dilemmas as I've found myself: In love with Publix Tarragon Chicken Salad!  Her solution is this simple recipe.  You can definitely add onto it if you desire, but it's perfect just the way it is.  I've been eating it with the  Vermont Honey Wheat Oatmeal Bread and I just love it!

Almond Tarragon Chicken Salad (original recipe on food.com)

Ingredients:
1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked chopped and cooled
1/2 cup mayonnaise (if salad is too dry you can add more)
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
1/2 cup sliced almonds

Directions:
Combine all of the ingredients in a tupperware bowl so you can store the leftovers (if you don't eat it all in one sitting).

Cover and chill for a few hours.  You can serve this on bread, rolls, or even with crackers.  Alain ate this with sliced apples today (as pictured above) and it was really tasty!  

NOTE: If you use a whole or half rotisserie chicken, just adjust measurements to taste.  I think I used half a rotisserie chicken today to make this and I used and extra 1/4 cup of mayo and sliced almonds and 1/2 tsp. extra of tarragon.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment